Howdy Dirk,
Well, I think that the users would have to be aware of the ZeroBrane app. I never saw it ‘mentioned’ in internet searches for lua, the most common return being the lua website, and links to the download page. I had not heard of it until it was brought up in this thread.
Heck, I only found SciTE because it was referenced in the WoW lua book.

Therefore, at this time, it seems that: it’s not all that easy. I did download it and messed with it last night, but as of this time, don’t really see an advantage over using Bbedit, and terminal lua calls. Perhaps the ZeroBrane Studio app could be mentioned in the download / install page?
Of course if one is honest, the ZeroBrane Studio app is supposed to be paid for, vice the free lua download etc.