On Tue, Feb 27, 2018, at 01:32, Coda Highland wrote:
> unlike Erlang and Dart, which were things with big hype and big
> promise that ended up not getting traction, Lua is well-established
> and certainly not going away

I'm sorry but I can't let you say that either...

Regarding Dart, Google has announced Dart 2 a few days ago [1], and is making it one of its main languages for client-side application development. I wouldn't bury it just yet.

And Erlang... What? Erlang is very similar to Lua in that respect, it is well-established and not going away. There is still no alternative to BEAM for what it does. If anything I see the Erlang ecosystem growing because Elixir is going very strong... yet Codementor still put Elixir at rank 9 in their list of languages not to learn.

In other words, Lua is not the only unexpected language on that list. :)

[1] https://medium.com/dartlang/announcing-dart-2-80ba01f43b6

--
Pierre Chapuis