On 2/27/2018 8:32 AM, Coda Highland wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Milind Gupta wrote:
The most disliked are mentioned in the video but the ones to avoid are in
the article.
     Unfortunately Lua is in the list of languages to avoid.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/the-5-worst-programming-languages-to-learn-in-2018/

I think the article gets pretty hyperbolic about things, and it
definitely overgeneralizes.

I apologize in advance for the following, because I just want to hammer Codementor some more.

TechRepublic's article links to this Codementor piece:

https://app.upbeatpr.com/stories/codementor/worst-programming-languages-learn-2018/

A press contact. No author wants to put their name at the end. Look at the methodology. Ugggh.

Then they link to "Best Programming Language to Learn in 2018". Actually, the title of the piece is "What Programming Language Should a Beginner Learn in 2017?" (dated Jan 2017, updated Sep 2017):

https://www.codementor.io/codementorteam/beginner-programming-language-job-salary-community-7s26wmbm6

What?! Too lazy to write a new piece for 2018? Very sloppy.

Look at the writer and her bio. Now, I'll do my best to avoid any gender-specific talk of poor taste. Note that she doesn't mention any operational knowledge of any programming language. No experience to state? What does a "massive geek who games" actually know about programming languages? She writes fiction in her spare time, so probably not programs. Her piece is all about jobs, salaries, job demand, job supply, employers. What does she _actually_know_? Writing via Googling and Wikipedia?

In summary, this is a HR exec talking to potential recruits. Codementor is probably more useful for HR groups to herd potential human resources to their satisfaction.

[snip snip snip]

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)