Glenn:

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 6:01 PM, Glenn Travis <travplays@comcast.net> wrote:

> So I looked at the makefile file and looked at where things were supposed to
> go.  In this instance, the INSTALL_TOP=  path started out as /usr/local/. .
> .   This path line will not work unless one uses sudo make install which
> will then put things in the right place (these directories are ‘owned” root
> / wheel.

Didn't the "make install" spit any errors?

I mean, the sudo, su or login as root steps are well known in the unix
world for installing system software. Forgetting su is usual when you
use the "safer" way of building from source ( make/make test as a
normal user, root just for install ) and I've ran into it many times,
but normally I just get a pile of errors and then su & repeat.

Francisco Olarte.