On Wed, 2018-02-07 at 19:38 +1030, sur-behoffski wrote:

> 2. I abhor Hungarian notation, but I use CamelCase for identifiers,
> and I've adopted one snippet that relates to the "give pointers
> their own type"... I don't do that, but do this instead (somewhat
> influenced by the "declaration mimics use" ethos that was used
> when typeless "B" became typed "C" all those years ago):
>
>         int Width;
>         int *pWidth;
>         int **ppWidth;

It's funny.  But have you noticed that this _is_ Hungarian
notation?  In the very sense which the original article suggested
it could be.  Not in the unfortunate way which is so popular yet
so not useful.  It's not the idea which was bad, it's those who
found a rule to cling to without getting the point of it who gave
it a bad smell.

virtually yours
Gerhard Sittig