[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [Proposal] Change default _PROMPT from "> " to "> " (two spaces)
- From: "Tony Papadimitriou" <tonyp@...>
- Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:52:42 +0200
I've always used:
same width, and I'm reminded in which shell I'm in.
From: Soni "They/Them" L.
Hi! As you may or may not know, Lua uses _PROMPT and _PROMPT2 in the
standard REPL (indeed, it's described in the reference manual).
Their default values, e.g. when unset, are "> " and ">> ". There are
some reasons why this isn't good:
1. Terminals have block selection mode (hold control while selecting).
The different widths makes this difficult.
2. That's about the only reason.