On 31 January 2018 at 21:09, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> Second issue I am still investigating. While initializing torch I get
> an error that I was surprised to see - it is do with exceeding the
> number of max upvalues; this is set to 120 in Ravi. I have to work out
> whether this is what it appears or something else.

Okay I found the issue here - in debug builds of Ravi I have 'ltests'
turned ON. Unfortunately this messes with some Lua settings. When apps
are linked against Ravi they don't see the messed up settings .. and
bang! the LUA_REGISTRYINDEX is not where the app thinks it is.
I guess I have have to make 'ltests' an explicit feature and not part
of all debug builds.

If you don't know what 'ltests' is then it is part of Lua's internal
testing infrastructure. When it is enabled it does a bunch of internal
checks and also exposes a library that can be used in tests cases. It
also amends some Lua settings making them more aggressive - hence the
problem above.

Regards