Greetings :-)

On 2018-01-28 11:44, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
I know that some of the folks on this list do not think so as is
evident from the continuous stream of feature requests. But I can't
think of any feature that I would want added to Lua 5.3 that would
justify breaking backward compatibility.

I've seen several languages commit slow suicide by adding things
and adding more things and adding more things until they become
a huge mess.  Also I really like the elegance in engineering
that comes from leaving things out if they're not necessary.
So I'm also a bit sad to see this stream of feature requests...
Lua is by far my favorite language, exactly because of its elegance.

Perfection may be too strong a word, but Lua is certainly close
to a local optimum.

Just my 2cents worth...
Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au     pjb@pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
  The world is an eraser for these words
  -- Long Island Chinese Poem Rain, Pomes All Sizes, Jack Kerouac