On 1/27/2018 5:25 AM, Marco Strullato wrote:
Hi all,

I recently started playing with nodemcu and lua: I would like to deploy this code
https://github.com/kovi44/NODEMCU-LUA-OTA-ESP8266
to allow remote control of esp8266 devices.

I have identified a bug in this repo, that I would like to close.

Talk to the NodeMCU people. Lua is used in a huge number of places. NodeMCU is a downstream implementation and the things you want fixed is within the purview of NodeMCU, and not something that Lua itself is responsible for.

It might help if you offer them a patch, because NodeMCU is a hobbyist app, it's not something with professional quality control and thus will definitely have many dusty corners.

Basically the device boots, it loads init.lua, then server.lua and it provides config.htm that is used to persist connection details.
config.htm has a html form.

This form doesn't have any submit target, and the lua code seems not to handle the submit.

The question is that I don't understand how the form is passing the parameters to the lua code (I started with lua last week, on spare time).

Do you have any idea?

Just FYI I want to add a function to encode/decode in base64.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)