On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Russell Haley wrote on 1/26/2018 12:16 AM:
>>
>> Is it possible to open a shell in a coroutine and just interact with
>> it when I need it?
>>
>> So in a coroutine, I would just open it and then read and write then
>> yield?
>
> You imply you want asynchronous reads and writes here...?
>
> Anyway, my go to, now called osprocess [1], for dealing with process input
> and output is based on the old lua-ex module. I have used it with success
> for years.
>
> -Josh
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/jjensen/luaplus51-all/tree/master/Src/Modules/osprocess

Brilliant. osprocess + luash + powershell will make me very happy.
--forked from https://github.com/zserge/luash to add powershell support
https://github.com/WinLua/luash

I see you also have a dotnet module. Does this allow for running
managed .net assemblies directly in Lua?

Your LuaPlus project looks pretty amazing. It's more or less what I
want to do with WinLua (only yours is better). I didn't want to spend
the time integrating other packages so I was looking to include
luarocks with my installer.

Thanks,
Russ