> One question, when you compile Lua from the command line under your OS X do
> you not have to specify the "-mmacosx-version-min" flag?

No, I don't have to specify this flag. The macosx Makefile target in the
official tarballs does not use this flag and it works fine.

Perhaps you're using some switch in XCode that makes this necessary.

I used to have to set the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable
in the old days of OS X 10.4 but this is not needed for 10.5+.