On 30 November 2017 at 05:48, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
> What standards for code width and comments styles do you all use?

In my own projects, I never use an arbitrary number for code width,
for reasons I described here [1]:

"There are no hard or soft limits on line lengths. Line lengths are
naturally limited by using one statement per line. If that still
produces lines that are too long (e.g. an expression that produces a
line over 256-characters long, for example), this means the expression
is too complex and would do better split into subexpressions with
reasonable names.

Rationale: No one works on VT100 terminals anymore. If line lengths
are a proxy for code complexity, we should address code complexity
instead of using line breaks to fit mind-bending statements over
multiple lines."

[1] https://github.com/luarocks/lua-style-guide#line-lengths

-- Hisham