Hi Roberto,

On 22 October 2017 at 22:35, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Lua has an incremental garbage collector since 5.1. It was the
> generational collector that was introduced in 5.2 as an experiment and
> then removed in 5.3. It will come again in 5.4, this time probably to
> stay.

I was wondering if I could request that Lua 5.4 have just the new GC
and nothing else, with other features / changes pushed to 5.5. My
reason for requesting this is a selfish one - merging the GC changes
into Ravi will be quite a nerve racking exercise, and having GC
related changes mixed with other changes will make it that much
harder. Of course I do appreciate that this is more work for you, and
it may already be too late.

Thanks and Regards

Dibyendu