It was thus said that the Great szbnwer@gmail.com once stated:
> hi all! :)

> >> Lua’s standard library includes regular expressions library
> >
> > I think it's a good idea to mention LPeg possibly becoming a part of the
> > language, but Lua itself doesn't have regex - it has Lua patterns.
>
> can you tell me more about this one?

  I think it was first brought up in 2014 on this list:

but I seem to recall it coming up a few times, with even Roberto mentioning
it could be possible to include with Lua, or have it replace the current Lua
patterns.

  I use LPeg a lot, but I don't have a strong opinion on including it with
the stock Lua distribution.  It would be nice, but I know where to find it.
It would likely remain its own module (much like io or os is in the current
Lua distribution).

  -spc