  Hi,

  In lua_Debug documentation, "source" description states that if the function was defined in a string then "source" is that string.

  I may misunderstood it but it seems that in this case source is the chunkname, not the string. If chunkname is not used, then chunkname is the string, which results in what is described. But if chunkname is used then "source" is not the string where the function was defined.

  I tested in Lua 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 and they all behave the same.

  So, is there a problem in the documentation or in the debugger?

  Assuming it is just a problem in the documentation, during debug how can we retrieve the original string given the chunkname?

Thanks,
Scuri