On 9/11/2017 7:23 PM, Petri Häkkinen wrote:
Hi!

Every now and then there has been some discussions on the mailing
list about Lua-based game engines and their component systems. I
just wrote a blog post about a custom mix-in style solution for
breaking down game objects into components. We have been using the
solution for a year in production use and we are quite pleased
with it.

Here's the link to the article:
http://druidstone-game.com/object-decomposition-druidstone

Interesting post, short and sweet. I quite like a one table design.

Regarding the references in your article, I like thinking table lookups in Lua so much that it is interfering with my attempts at full immersion in C++. Maybe a good thing too. But I guess there are no perfect solutions to managing large-scale complexity, only plenty of tools to choose from.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)