On 9/9/2017 3:59 AM, Petri Häkkinen wrote:

On 8 Sep 2017, at 5.16, KHMan wrote:

 "Most games nowadays use components one way or another"

I'm not familiar with this "components" thing, or maybe I just didn't look in the right places. I am also confused by "runtime traits".

There's a pretty good explanation of entity-component systems in Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity–component–system

Ah, many thanks.

Well, looking at the references, I guess it's not terminology that is widely known beyond game programming, but there is some effort to make this a brand of sorts.

The word 'runtime' seems to be getting overloaded with a lot of things. I find it a little weird to be talking about 'runtime' on an interpreted language.

All the best to Soni, I applaud this kind of experimentation. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)