It may open a bigger can of worms: PUC-Rio Lua might ship live code written in Lua as part of the standard Lua install!

...oh, you're going to write it all in C again, aren't you. Wouldn't it be easier in a real language?

Jay

On Jul 28, 2017 12:22 PM, "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Would you be open to considering dlopen()'ing readline? Then you
> wouldn't have to worry about it actually being installed, you'd just
> detect it at runtime and use it if it's available.

Oh, this may open another big can of worms. For instance, which is the
full path of the readline.so to use in dlopen?

However, this does not solve the problem because lua.c has to call
readline and cannot detect this at compiel time.

If you could provide working code for your suggestion, I'd like to see it.