On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> Both LUA_USE_LINUX and LUA_USE_MACOSX use the same defines but get
>> named separately.
>
> Just for psychological reasons: it's strange that "make macosx" shows
> compilations lines with -DLUA_USE_LINUX.
>
>> Is there a reason there is no LUA_USE_FREEBSD?
>
> No special reason, except that we think Linux and MacOSX are the more
> common platforms. No offense meant.

I run in to this all the time, and I'm not REALLY offended but I try
to draw attention to the inconsistency, especially since you went to
the trouble to make a target for FreeBSD. It's seems inconsistent to
say that showing the word Linux while building on MACOSX is strange
but it's okay for FreeBSD. But I understand, details like this can get
complicated.

Hows the weather right now in Rio, Argentina, anyway? It must be nice
hanging out in those Mayan Pyramids speaking Spanish to each other all
day. ;)

On to more important things. I want to try and get Lua working with
RTEMS (https://www.rtems.org/) before my family gets home next week...

In Jest,
Russ