On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:04 PM, François Perrad
<francois.perrad@gadz.org> wrote:

>> Quoting "Aaron B." <aaron@zadzmo.org>:
>>
>>> While thinking about the future of my current projects, I realized I
>>> have no idea what the greater state of Lua as a web development
>>> language looks like.
>>>
>>> If anyone is willing to participate, please respond to the below
>>> questions off list. I'll collate the responses and post the results
>>> seven days from now.
>>>

>>> 1) What framework/toolkit are you currently using? (eg, Orbit, Sailor,
>>> etc)
>>
>> Like many others I'm not a fan of frameworks.
>>

> I see there are not many fan of framework.
> But what about template engine (cosmo, lustache, lust, ...) ?

Francois, thanks for bringing these up. I think I will give your
CodeGen a spin for generating http submit forms on an embdded target
with a lua-http server instance. I haven't looked yet if you have any
pre-existing templates.

http://fperrad.github.com/lua-CodeGen

I had a late night IM discussion once with daurnimator about his
lua-http server. I was looking for the words to describe templating
and frameworks. I asked him what "scripting language" he was using
with the server and he did the IM equivalent of looking at me like I
had three heads ("um... Lua?"). I don't want a full web MVC stack so
something small like CodeGen or cosmo is appealing.

Russ