i came from python land, and i'm feeling much better with lua tables.
it's already enough complexity to having metatables, when i wanna make
universal tools for 'structures' (table in table; so i mean tree,
matrix or whatever; just as well as anything else hierarchical around,
like directories). array, dict and tuple were too much differentiated
for me. - but this is me with my own goals, i can understand the
reason behind that way, just i dislike it as it makes everything that
much more complex. so in big, anything universal becomes that much
more heavyweight and complex. lua is way much better for
metaprogramming, as i think there probably i have to go with oop
stuffs if i wanna get polymorphism, and that is a higher level of
complexity. additionally i have no idea about how could those * and **
function calls for array and dict ever become universal. it's kinda
overengineered to make universal stuffs, or if it's possible, it will
be that much more complex always. however for a straight aim, stuffs
of python are fine as specialized right that way.

i've used python too far back in time, so sorry if i've just said
anything bullshit :D but on the other hand i know i wasn't enough
clean in expressing myself and what i'm thinking behind my probably
imprecise wording, but i can feel very deep difference for the good of
lua, even if my python knowledge was good, but i wasn't as much good
with codes as currently, and my python knowledge became dusty for
now...