On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> wrote:
> Those considerations could be involved, but I think the main factors in
> Python popularity (vs. Lua) are simply the ease of installation of language
> and add-ons on Windows for non-experts and the huge amount of ready-to-use
> libraries (even if sometimes confusing, overlapping, badly documented and
> not always coherent).

Exactly - Python is popular because it's popular ;)  It's a more
complex language than Lua but hides its complexity well, until the
fish is on the hook and committed to the experience.  It is an
accessible front end to a large universe of libraries.

As for object-orientation? That's really a programmer cult, and people
who come in just to get work done need not worry about that kind of
thing.