yes it was, but maybe you could try moonscript :D

Hi,

I am thinking about moving to Python in my project where I am
currently using Lua as the scripting language. My reason is a
pragmatic one - Python is becoming popular in the Financial sector,
and is the language most people my project targets will be familiar
with. Additionally some of the tools I use - such as Google's GRPC and
Protocol Buffers - all support Python.

It seems that Python is also becoming popular in the field of machine
learning / statistics. I think that the Torch project may also be
moving to Python?

We all know that Lua (especially LuaJIT) is much faster than Python,
but as I realized a few months ago
(http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2017-02/msg00253.html) - speed is
not necessarily the driving factor in many applications of a scripting
language. There have been many threads here on what might need to be
done for Lua to make it more widely used - so I won't go into that.
Lua has its own niche in games etc. and hopefully it will continue to
thrive there.

I still hope to continue using Lua where I can - and continue working on Ravi.

Regards
Dibyendu

--
Name: yunfan