Arg, in this case, I'm facing a STRONG problem as I'm using this mechanism in other stuffs (like Marcel which is the daemon providing most of MQTT data from my 1-wire network).
I don't have the choice, I need multi-threading as MQTT data have to arrive asynchronously (there is also a synchronous mode, but it not suitable as my tool is doing heavy graphical tasks, and it's cleaners in architectural point of view).

Obviously, I can delegate what I want to do to C side but in this case, I will loose the flexibility the have Lua code in early message arrival ... and all in all, I'm interested to know how I can exchange stuffs b/w totally different states.