hindley milnerOn Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> - Strong typing: A type system that I like and feel comfortable with
> - Weak typing: A type system that worries me, or makes me feel uncomfortable

Heh, indeed! We all know that static/dynamic is an orthogonal concern,
but strong/weak is so obviously good/bad!

> too strong typing can also be awful;

Yep. Both Go and Rust[1] have type inference [2] which is yay! But no
default numerical conversions, which is boo!

[1] Rust belongs to the same old Bondage and Discipline school as
Pascal does. Humans are regarded as fallible creatures, that must
follow a clear path to salvation.
[2] Go's type inference is very local, though Rust is modified
Hindley-Milner. Some people get very concerned about these
distinctions, but hey, we're dynamic ;)