[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Does Lua have a Roadmap?
- From: Coda Highland <chighland@...>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:35:44 -0500
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Italo Maia <email@example.com> wrote:
> Well, out of the features mentioned, strong typing would be a simplification
> of the language, by all means. Anyway ... a roadmap would be nice.
(1) Lua is already strongly typed. It just has a very small list of
recognized types, and one of those types is "table".
(2) Stronger typing than this would not simplify the language
whatsoever. It would require a mechanism by which user-defined types
can be added as well as mechanisms by which these types can be
identified, manipulated, and instantiated. You could reasonably argue
that it might make the language more ROBUST, but it would not by any
means be SIMPLER.