June 20, 2017 3:30 AM, "Peter Aronoff" <telemachus@arpinum.org> wrote:

> @ Hisham and Pierre: In the transfer from LuaToolbox to LuaRocks, the
> endorsements got lost. Is there any way to get them back? I think that
> feature was useful. It's more than mere numbers of downloads.

This has already been discussed during the migrations, eventually
endorsements were turned into follows. Both Hisham and me do agree
they're not really the same thing, but it's really Leaf who maintains
the LuaRocks website (and Etiene who did the migration).

Check out the GitHub issue [1] for more details. I do think there
are still missing features which make LuaRocks not as good for that
purpose as Lua Toolbox was, but having it be a separate website was
not really viable anymore.

[1] https://github.com/luarocks/luarocks-site/pull/86#issuecomment-198058329

--
Pierre Chapuis