Italo Maia <italo.maia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Opinions?

As you'll no doubt hear, this has come up a lot with no real forward
momentum. I just want you to be aware of the history and adjust your
expectations accordingly. You're not likely to get what you want.

There used to be a useful website called LuaToolbox. It's gone now, but
some of its functionality has been folded into LuaRocks (https://luarocks.org).

One feature you might like in particular is labels. They allow you to
search for say, yaml-, json-, or string-related modules:

https://luarocks.org/labels/yaml
https://luarocks.org/labels/json
https://luarocks.org/labels/string

>From there you can see how many downloads have been made. That's not
an ideal way to choose between options, but it's something.

@ Hisham and Pierre: In the transfer from LuaToolbox to LuaRocks, the
endorsements got lost. Is there any way to get them back? I think that
feature was useful. It's more than mere numbers of downloads.

Best, Peter