On 14-Jun-17 17:29, Sergey Rozhenko wrote:
For me it's crazy that so many people to this day use spaces instead of tabs. Using tabs helps avoid all these issues of different preferences and adds only one: indentation in text from the Internet always has to be fixed rather than in half the cases, not that it really matters.

Many, many years ago I used tabs. I quit when I began to port code among different editors, environments and people: it was a big, unreadable mess.

Now I only use spaces [1]: what I see is what I see, everywhere.

[1] apart from makefiles, of course.

--
  Enrico