On 06/12/2017 12:42 AM, steve donovan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 7:34 PM, Martin <eden_martin_fuhrspam@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Is there a formal grammar for ldoc comments? (In particular is there any
>> difference between "short" and "long" doc block representation? Where
>> whitespaces matters?)
>
> There is no difference, really. But the various tags have slightly
> different rules. It may be useful to write these up in convenient
> summary form.
>
> I still think that a useful starting point is a simple one-line
> comment for each public item.

The hard part as I see is not how to represent newly generated
documentation block but how to detect that ldoc block is already present
and parse it in this case. Is there a good place in code where I can see
how parsing is implemented?

I have a feeling that people want to use such tool in pre-commit pipe.
So it must preserve/modify all existing comments and add documentation
placeholders for functions which does not have them.

-- Martin