On 2017-06-10 07:18 PM, Parke wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Alexander Nasonov once stated:
what bugs were fixed in [LPeg] 1.0.1?

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
   A bug raised in September [1] that I recently reminded Roberto of [2].

   -spc

[1]     http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2016-09/msg00189.html
[2]     http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2017-01/msg00113.html

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick@batbytes.com> wrote:
lpeg = require"lpeg"
lpeg.version()
1.0.1
do
local patt = lpeg.Cg(lpeg.Ct"", "foo") * lpeg.Cb "foo" * lpeg.Cb "foo";
print(patt:match "")
end
table: 0x1926fd0        table: 0x1927010

Doesn't look fixed? Are you referring to some other issue?

The below is my attempt to remove some ambiguity from this old thread.

I suspect Sean's [1] link is incorrect, and Sean meant to link to this thread:
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2016-09/threads.html#00148
Subject: [LPeg] intermittent stack exhaustion

Regarding Sean's actual [1] link, which contains the "issue" mentioned
above by Patrick:

The "issue" is not a bug.  In this case, LPeg's behavior is acceptable
and in line with the documentation, as explained by Roberto in the
following posts:

Cheers,

Parke

I, too, have a preference for memoization. I believe Cg should create a lazy-evaluated-once variable. Would help with RAM usage and GC.