On 30 May 2017 at 04:54, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
> On 30 May 2017 at 16:49, Martin <eden_martin_fuhrspam@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Thank you for sharing! Going to try it in forecoming project (which
>> currently uses wget for retrieving file).
>
> Great! Let us know how you go :)
>
>> Is this module a concurrent for luasocket?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

I think he meant "is it a competitor" ('concorrente' in Portuguese
translates both to 'concurrent' and 'competitor').

> lua-http uses the "cqueues" library for socket operations as well as
> concurrency.
> However lua-http does provide a module (http.compat.socket) that
> emulates the behaviour of luasocket's http module so that you can
> easily swap in lua-http to an existing project.

Oh, it does!? Nice! I didn't find this last time I looked at lua-http
(late last year?) and gave up on the library while reading the
extensive documentation and not being able to quickly find out how to
do the equivalent to wget("http://example.com/file.tar.gz";).

-- Hisham