Javier

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On 26 May 2017 at 16:32, François Perrad <francois.perrad@gadz.org> wrote:
>> `format` is good for small things, and the new way is good for serious
>> things.
> Am I the only one that thinks iostream is the second ugliest part of C++?
> and of course, far, far less readable than `printf()` style

Nope. One of the first thing I've had to do in several projects in C++
is to add printf-like formatting to logging and io frameworks as the
source was otherwise imposible to understand. And I've done it in Java
and Lua too, where it is much easier ( as you can catch
format-parameter discordances more easily ).

Francisco Olarte.