On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Andrew Starks wrote:
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 03:18 Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 6:21 AM, Andrew Starks wrote:

Some background info is here:

A quote:
due to limitations with Factorio (which is in Early Access) the game can only output at 1 fps. McWilliams used a mod to take screenshots every second and then pieced them all together while adding the original music back in to create the finished video you see above.

So, true speed of this Factorio-generated video is 1 frame per second.  Not very impressing.

Really? Considering what is actually happening through the game, I thought it was incredible.

The in-game video screen is (5*100)x(2*178) pixels, so we have throughput of 178000 pixels per second.
On average PC with 2GHz CPU it equals to 10000 CPU ticks per pixel - this is very poor benchmark result (if you want to consider Factorio as Lua benchmarking tool).

On the other hand, it was a brilliant idea to embed video player into Factorio, it is quite interesting from engineering point of view.