On May 17, 2017 10:11 AM, "John Hind" <john.hind@zen.co.uk> wrote:

Unlike most library developers, Roberto's team have done an excellent job making Lua sources compile without change just about anywhere C is spoken.

Yes. But if you just want bare Lua, you want bare stdio. You want a popen that goes one way. You want no mechanism for even running another program safely: an array of args. You need to step outside Lua if your ambitions are higher.

I have been stuck in Python for a bit, and sometimes I just want those damn batteries. Cloned. In Lua. Without two or three separate posix libraries, network libraries, XML libra...well...Python is hardly perfect either.

Jay