Well, that does not make the program safe, it just kills it, no? :)

I was thinking something Lua only, like pattern subset/sanitization or such

Jorge

On 30/03/17 10:07, Rena wrote:
On Mar 30, 2017 1:06 AM, "Jorge" <xxopxe@gmail.com> wrote:
As we all know, patterns can be crafted to hog the CPU. Suppose you want to offer the possibility to run user provided patterns on a biggish text, let's say trough webpage. What would be the simplest alternative, keeping as much expressive power as possible, while being safe, to standard Lua patterns?

Jorge

Probably ulimit.