On 3/28/2017 2:27 AM, Joseph Manning wrote:
> On Tue, March 28, 2017 07:14, Ahmed Charles wrote:
>
>>> I find this amusing because I've never written "len - 1" in a loop, I've
>>> only ever written "!= len".
>
> Ahmed,
>
>    You're amused?  I'm confused.  This list is about Lua.

The context of the statement was someone claiming to write "len - 1" in
languages that have 0 based indexing, so obviously, my response was not
about Lua.

This paper by Dijkstra basically nails my perspective and was written
two years before I was born... :)

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD08xx/EWD831.html

I really like Lua as a language and it's my favorite scripting language,
but it's not perfect, no language is.