March 11, 2017 7:32 PM, "D. Matt Placek" <atomicsuntan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know if a YAML library implemented entirely in lua? Everything I've found is a lua
> binding to C code, which is tolerable but I'd prefer a pure lua implementation if one is available.

I don't think there is one. I looked some years ago, because I wanted one for haricot [1],
but I could not find any. The problem (and the reason why I didn't write my own) is probably
that YAML is (unlike what it looks) a terribly complicated [2] format, and parsing it correctly
is hard [3]. If you have a choice I would suggest you avoid using YAML. Otherwise, lyaml [4] is
probably the best binding.

[1] https://github.com/catwell/haricot
[2] http://yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html
[3] https://github.com/cblp/yaml-sucks