Please note PHP is also successful in web development. And NodeJS is v8
which is JIT. So, to sum up, none of that really means anything. I was mostly
only countering your argument that Lua should stay and be niche / scripting
small stuff. That part is something I strongly disagree. People will look for tools
they feel comfortable with when no criteria is critical, and they will look for
performance when that is critical for their application.

On 21 February 2017 at 21:16, Etiene Dalcol <dalcol@etiene.net> wrote:
> Having worked a lot with web development, where dynamic languages
> are heavily used to build large applications, I can't see why Lua could
> not be star in that field as well along with python or ruby, for example.

Sure, but is a JIT needed for this? Neither Python or Ruby have JIT
technology and Ruby is certainly successful in the web development
field.

Regards
Dibyendu

--