On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:16 PM, Jonathan Goble <jcgoble3@gmail.com> wrote:
> And only the basic Gmail web interface offers this option. The Inbox
> interface (which I prefer) does not, and neither of the corresponding
> Android apps do either. For example, I'm replying to this via the Inbox
> Android app, which offers neither the option to send as plain text nor the
> ability to type text below the quote (meaning that I'm forced to top-post).

And who and how forced you to use that app?

Do not take it personally. Just venting, because I really hear a lot
the "my phone replies like this" excuse when top posting or
full-quoting or you-name-it. My phone mail app is shitty too, that is
why I refrain from using it to reply to messages in the lists where I
think some respect is due to the rest of participants and wait till I
can get to a reasonably good MUA, and why I try to edit my responses
to make them easy to read.

Francisco Olarte.