You missed sending a link to your project!
https://github.com/martin-eden/lua_code_formatter

Some misc comments:

  - You use a little bash script for the entry point: if you used a
lua file then luarocks would do path setup for you.
  - Would be nice to be able to pipe in/out by default instead of
providing filenames
  - Your 'workshop.base' module messes with the global environment: I
would not want to use it inside my own library or application.
  - I'm not sure how to use your module with custom parameters (e.g.
indent_chunk): your global request function fails with lua:
/usr/share/lua/5.3/lcf/workshop/base.lua:128: module
'workshop.load_from.lua' not found
  - I'm curious what you will do with version numbers.... your current
release is 5.3?