Hi Hisham

I work with Lua since 2.1 days and my team maintain code developed initialy with CGILua 3, 20 years ago, and were converted/upgraded to every new Lua version until 5.2 (we are planning to upgrade to Lua 5.3, but we have to wait for the libraries: CGILua, LuaFileSystem, LuaSQL, LuaExpat, LuaSOAP,
LuaSec, LuaSocket, CGILua LuaZip, lua-iconv, LPEG, HTK, Dado).

Out of curiosity, if you have a list handy, which of these libraries
still do not have a stable release for Lua 5.3?
Checking at LuaRocks.org:

CGILua: 5.2
LuaSQL (Postgres): 5.2
LuaExpat: 5.2

LuaSocket: (5.3 ???)
lua-iconv: (5.3 ???)

LuaFileSystem: 5.3
LuaSOAP: 5.3 (depends on LuaExpat)
LuaSec: 5.3
LuaZIP: 5.3
LPEG: 5.3
HTK: 5.3
Dado: 5.3 (depends on LuaSQL)

In fact, most of them should work with Lua 5.3, but with "compatibility flags on".

Regards,
Tomás