On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am reading PIL4 and enjoying it.
>>
>> On page 44 half way down between code examples it says:
>>

>> It is easy to say that the length of this list is four, and that is has a
>> hole at index 2.
>>

>> It seems you meant "it has" and not "is has".
>
> And possiibly "easy to see" rather than "easy to say"?

I disagree with this (see vs. say). Saying something is "easy to see"
IMO carries the connotation that it is also correct, whereas "easy to
say" has the opposite connotation: that while it appears to be
correct, it may, in fact, be wrong.

Here, the statement in question ("the length of this list is four, and
that [it] has a hole at index 2") is incorrect, as the text goes on to
explain. So IMHO "easy to say" is the better choice of wording.