On 25-12-2016 03:25, luciano de souza wrote:
I want to deal with Excel or Libreoffice files.
I found the package xlsxwriter, available as a rock.
But I could not find something to read a xls, xlsx or ods files. I am
in Linux, so I can't use luacom. I have few experience, so perhaps to
understand the xml structure of a xlsx file would not be viable.
Regarding this aspects, what do you think it's the best approach for me?
I'm always using OpenXML to manipulate .xlsx files (they are in reality a zip files with a bunch of xml files). You can just unzip the xlsx file, manipulate the xml and zip the result back into a xlsx file.

/Erik