One of our developers brought up the idea of having a Lua Workshop in Vancouver. Not out of the realm of possibility...

Cheers,

-JR

On 2016-11-03 1:26 PM, Russell Haley wrote:
On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Jeff Rouse <jeffr@activestate.com> wrote:
Hi all,

At ActiveState we feel Lua has a bright future in a variety of application
areas (IoT, embedded scripting, and many others), and we are looking for
ideas on how to support the community, increase adoption and help
enterprises utilize the language more effectively. I’m proud to say that in
2017, we will be providing a community- and enterprise-ready Lua
distribution on a variety of platforms, shaped in part by the feedback we
receive from the community.
IMHO, a far more interesting topic than ActiveStates marketing is
their offer to provide some support to the community. Perhaps someone
invested in the documentation, infrastructure or hosting of various
resources could point out where the Lua community could use some
commercial support? For me items like monetary contributions,
mirroring and paid developer time come to mind? I think a Lua
conference in Vancouver would be awesome (probably not practical
though).

Cheers,
Russ