Here is my little project LuaVM ( https://github.com/xpol/luavm ). Which provide pre-built Windows binaries (include 64 bit) with LuaRocks included.

1. Download and install 64 bit version
2. Use `luavm use 5.1` to active Lua 5.1 (or `luavm use luajit-2.0`  `luavm use luajit-2.1`  for LuaJIT versions).
3. Then use luarocks to install LuaSQL-MySQL. (You may need to install MySQL 64bit driver library for Windows (https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c/) and pass the install path to luarocks like: `luarocks install luasql-mysql MYSQL_DIR=/path/to/mysql`)

Disclaimer: I have never used LuaSQL and LuaSQL-MySQL.