Hi Luiz, thanks for taking the time to respond.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> I'm proud to say that in 2017, we will be providing a community-
> and enterprise-ready Lua distribution on a variety of platforms,
> shaped in part by the feedback we receive from the community.

Very nice.
Perhaps you could give more details on what your Lua distribution is.
Does it include external libraries and tools? If so, which ones?

We will most definitely be shipping more than just the distribution, as
we want to add as much value as we can. We often ship more than
just the standard libraries in our distros, as this makes it easiest for
people to use them. This does require some balance as we typically
don't like to start supporting a external library and then have to remove it
later due to maintenance or security issues, so we have to be choosy.

This is one of the reasons we are reaching out in order to get some
feedback on what a fantastic distribution would look
like from your perspective.

In addition any areas that the community could use our help, we would
love to hear about, as we view this as much more than a business

Your site says: "Why take risks with open source Lua and community support".
I don't see any risks in open source Lua. What do you have in mind?

The risks for an enterprise is that they need to make sure of issues
like getting timely support, a contractual obligation for service,
assurances and timely security fixes. In many cases they need
the backing of a commercial entity to feel comfortable and in
some cases this is a legal or compliance requirement. To
them it takes risk away. So its important for us to speak to
that. It in no way reflects on how the community supports
the language.

Cheers,
-JR