Call For Presentations: Lua devroom at FOSDEM 2017

FOSDEM [1] is the Free and Open source Software Developers' European Meeting, conference happening every year in Brussels, Belgium over a weekend. Next year it will be on February 4-5. It's the biggest FOSS event in Europe with +5000 participants, +400 talks.

In 2015 we had a Birds of a Feather meeting and in 2016 we had a real developer room for half a day. Both meetings were a big success and next year we will have half a day of a developer room again.

We are now accepting submissions of talk proposals. The format will be 30 minutes talks, including questions (so roughly 20-25 minute talks, 5-10 minutes for Q&A). The talks will be filmed, possibly streamed live, and the videos will be made available publicly under a CC-BY license. Submitting a talk for the devroom implies that you agree to be filmed under such terms.

All topics related to Lua are accepted. The deadline for submission is Thursday, 1st of December 2016.

All submission should be made using the FOSDEM even planning tool Pentabarf [2]. When you create your event, make sure to select "Lua devroom" under "Track". If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous year, please reuse it instead of creating a new one.

There is a mailing-list for the devroom [3], feel free to join and discuss talk ideas, recommend speakers, ask if anyone wants to talk about a topic you would like to know more about or discuss any other Lua devroom related topic.

If you have any questions, you can contact the devroom organizers by email:
Etiene Dalcol : dalcol [at] etiene [dot] net
Pierre Chapuis : catwell [at] archlinux [dot] us

Important dates summary:
Submission deadline: 2016-12-01
Acceptance notifications: 2016-12-11
Final schedule announcement: 2016-12-18
Devroom: 4th January 2017 (morning)

Please share this CFP with any person or group you know that could be interested!

See you at FOSDEM!