On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we are talking about licensing:
>
> If I use some example code that came packaged with an MIT licensed
> library (or any license for that matter), do I need to give credit to
> the author for the "appropriated" code?
>
> Russ

That's messy and largely up to the whims of the creator.

It really depends on how complicated/obvious the example is. If the
example illustrates something in the only way you could do it ANYWAY,
there's really not a whole lot of reason to worry about it. If the
example is nontrivial (perhaps a complete sample project) then you
should follow the terms of the license.

When in doubt, ask the creator.

/s/ Adam