 hi, I'm the author of luautf8. I think you should use bytes for Lua strings, but not char[]. And java have ability to decode UTF8 byte stream into java string. So maybe this is the way to implement UTF8 module in java.

I will look into this to see how to port it to java. But I have another issue relating this. I'm finding a way to run Lua on C# and Unity engine, have someone have experience on this?

2016年10月3日星期一,Miroslav Janíček <mira.janicek@gmail.com> 写道:

> On 2 Oct 2016, at 12:54, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Miroslav Janíček
> <mira.janicek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is LuaJava still alive? Would it make sense to write this module such that it would be source-compatible with LuaJava?
>
> Agreed! I think its status is 'not dead' ;)

Ah! Good, I don’t have to think this much more then! :)

The Wayback Machine seems to have a fairly recent version of the manual:

  https://web.archive.org/web/20150124024238/http://www.keplerproject.org/luajava/manual.html

Apart from loadLib, the functions provided by LuaJava don’t seem to be too hard to do, so I think I’ll give them a shot. loadLib is more involved, but I suppose that having a LuaJava compatibility layer should be the order of the day anyway, if I want to achieve the domination of the Lua-in-Java world ;)

  M.

--
regards,
Xavier Wang.